Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, is a good choice for a spring break destination for families along with college-aged groups. There is a mixture of singles and families enjoying the area.
Spring break varies in dates and spans about 4-6 weeks. The dates starts around Easter and continues into April depending on where you live in the US. It also depends if you’re in school or college.
Take as much time as you can and enjoy Myrtle Beach beaches during the day exploring for shells and small creatures or take an evening walk, don’t forget your flashlight. Ocean swimming may be a little cold for most during spring break but the beaches are great places to relax and unwind and perfect to people watch.
Downtown Myrtle Beach offers an oceanfront boardwalk and is a great place for grabbing a bit to eat or your favorite beverage while enjoying the beautiful ocean views. RipTydz, Pier 14, Landshark Bar and Grill are a few of the most visited due to their oceanfront views and is great for people watching. (Riptydz offers free valet parking if you only plan to eat and not visit the downtown area) While in downtown take a ride on the SkyWheel, visit the Arcade, try some of the many thrilling rides or pick up your favorite souvenirs at the many gift shops. There is plenty to do in downtown Myrtle Beach from sunrise to sunset.
More Than Just a Restaurant
The Hangout is the place for great food and family fun. Enjoy live entertainment, relax, let the kids play, and share good times! The restaurant features full-service dining, and a courtyard with a ton-of-fun sand pile, foam pit, games, retail shopping, stages for live music and more. VIEW MENU
When visiting Myrtle Beach for spring break make sure to visit Broadway at the Beach. There are many restaurants, shopping, attractions, and nightlife. There are attractions for many different ages that include Broadway Grand Prix, Wonderworks, the Soar + Explore Zipline and Ropes Course, Ripley’s Aquarium, Hollywood Wax Museum, and The Pavillion Park. There are so many dining options you won’t know where to start. Broadway at the Beach is about a 15 ride south of the Kingston Plantation Resort.
Another popular destination is Barefoot Landing. The Landing is a huge shopping/dining/entertainment complex with many options to choose from. You can spend hours at one of their many stores and take a break at one of their many dining and bar options. There are great views of the inter-coastal waterway or lagoons filled with fish, turtles and alligators. There are a few rides for the little ones along with a great play ground located between LuLu’s and Crooked Hammock. They offer many family movies under the stars also. Lucy Buffet’s LuLus and Taco Mundo are two of our favorite family-friendly waterfront options with live entertainment. Crooked Hammock is also a favorite for great dining and views. Barefoot Landing is a 10 ride north of the resort.
Try to make a stop at the MarshWalk in Murrells Inlet. They have many dining options and excursions for the entire family. Blue Wave Adventures Dolphin Watch and Action Water Sportz run their excursions out of Crazy Sister Marina at Murrells Inlet at the MarshWalk. The MarshWalk is about a 40 minute drive south of the resort but so worth it.
There is shopping on every corner on the Grand Strand along with Restaurant Row which offers some of the best dining in the area. For those 21 and over there are two wineries, Duplin Winery in North Myrtle Beach and LaBelle Amie Vineyard in Little River that offers wine tasting, entertainment and much more. If you’re heading to Little River there are great dining options right on the inter-coastal waterway that are very family friendly options. Local Bar and Kitchen on the Water and Boardwalk Billy’s offers stunning views and you can watch jet skies and boats as they enjoy the waterway. Local has outdoor actives for the entire family with corn hole, Jumbo Jenga, swings and more. Evenings are great at their fire pit.
If the weather is bad there are many options for indoor fun. Visit Ripley’s Believe it or not museum, Myrtle Beach Art Museum, Coastal Grand Mall, Bowling, Rockin’ Jump Trampoline, Wonderworks, Ripley’s, Hollywood Wax Museum and Grand Strand Brewing Company for those 21 and over.
- 01 Sep 2023Myrtle Beach Hurricanes
- 01 Aug 2023Labor Day Weekend 2023
- 01 Jul 20232023 Myrtle Beach Tide Chart
- 06 Jun 20232023 July 4th Fireworks
- 26 May 2023June 2023 Myrtle Beach Events
- 17 Apr 2023Taste Of The Market Common
- 01 Apr 2023Spring Break 2023
- 07 Mar 2023Myrtle Beach in April
- 19 Feb 2023National Fire Protection Association Dryer Vents
- 01 Feb 2023St Patrick’s Day Myrtle Beach
- 01 Jan 2023Myrtle Beach Valentine’s Day 2023
- 05 Dec 2022December Events & New Year’s Eve 2022/2023
- 25 Nov 2022Coats For Kids Golf Cart Rally
- 02 Oct 2022Myrtle Beach/Horry County Laws & Rules
- 08 Aug 2022Myrtle Beach City, SC Population
- 01 Jul 2022Myrtle Beach in July
- 01 Jun 2022Myrtle Beach July 4th Celebration
- 01 May 2022Myrtle Beach May Events
- 06 Mar 2022Myrtle Beach St. Patty’s Day
- 01 Mar 2022Myrtle Beach Easter
- 01 Feb 2022MarshWalk Murrell’s Inlet Restaurant Week
- 07 Nov 2021Thanksgiving Dinner 2021
- 01 Oct 2021Myrtle Beach October Events 2021
- 12 Aug 2021Broadway at the Beach New Additions
- 12 Aug 2021Barefoot Landing 2021 Season
- 12 Aug 2021Embassy / Hilton Resort Renovation
- 01 Aug 2021Beachy Cocktails
- 01 Jun 2021River Island Adventures
- 02 May 2021May 2021 North Myrtle Beach Attractions
- 01 Apr 2021Myrtle Beach Easter Events 2021
- 03 Mar 2021MarshWalk Restaurant Week
- 01 Mar 2021Spring Break in Myrtle Beach
- 12 Jan 2021SOHO – Steaks, Seafood, Sushi
- 01 Dec 2020December Events in Myrtle Beach
- 03 Oct 2020Myrtle Beach Halloween 2020
- 01 Sep 2020Murrells Inlet Express Watersports
- 01 Jul 2020Myrtle Beach July 2020 Events
- 01 Jun 2020Lucy Buffet’s LuLu’s
- 01 May 2020Myrtle Beach May Activities
- 01 Feb 2020Kingston Plantation New Owners
- 11 Jan 2020Myrtle Beach Water & Oceanfront Dining
- 20 Aug 2019Myrtle Beach Medical and Dental
- 04 Jun 2019Myrtle Beach Attractions
- 10 Jan 2019Marsh Walk, Murrell’s Inlet
- 21 Nov 2018Lucy Buffett’s LuLu’s