Myrtle Beach Weather
Best Times to Visit Myrtle Beach
The best time to visit Myrtle Beach is in the summer months from June to August. They have the most activities, stores are all open, restaurants are booming and it’s prime weather. Average temperatures are in the 80’s. If you’re looking for sun but with cooler weather, spring temperatures are from the high 60s to the 80s. Average fall and winter temperatures are from the lower 50s to the mid 30s plus there are far fewer crowds for the snowbirds to visit from the north.
|High °F||Low °F||High °C||Low °C|
March-May This season is pretty pleasant with warm temperatures and lower humidity.
June-August The beach can get a bit crowded at this time of year, but this is the best time to experience a typical American-style vacation. The area has prime weather and the attractions are all open and ready for visitors. There’s also a big festival calendar this time of year.
September-October Temperatures dip a little, so the crowds thin out. But there are still a good amount of restaurant, festivals, shopping and activities to enjoy.
November-February This is the time some restaurants and shops have closed for the season but there is still many many places to eat. Great time to enjoy eating with the locals.
Annual Weather Statistical Averages
|# of days with High over 90 degrees||46|
|Days with measurable rainfall||72|
|Average air temperature||64°|
|Average water temperature||67°|
|Average 1 p.m. relative humidity||57%|
|Avg. sunny days/mo. (summer)||18|
|Avg. sunny days/mo. (winter)||15|
|Wettest months||July & Aug.|
|Driest months||Oct. & Nov.|
|Hottest day (105°)||Aug. 22, 1983|
|Coldest day (4°)||Jan. 21,1985|
Average Water & Air Temperatures for Myrtle Beach, SC
Homeowner’s Private Page
- 11 Mar 2020Protected: South Hampton Homeowners
- 01 Apr 2021Myrtle Beach Easter Events 20212021 Easter Egg Hunts and Events Please check with local businesses about Easter Egg Hunts and event...
- 03 Mar 2021MarshWalk Restaurant WeekMarshWalk Restaurant Week March 1-7, 2021 “Join us for our Inaugural MarshWalk Restaura...
- 01 Mar 2021Spring Break in Myrtle BeachSpring Break is here and right around the corner for many others. Myrtle Beach is one of the top de...
- 03 Feb 2021Myrtle Beach Valentine’s Day 2021Spending Valentine’s Day in Myrtle Beach The Grand Strand is full of romantic oceanfront dinin...
- 12 Jan 2021SOHO – Steaks, Seafood, SushiSOHO Steaks, Seafood & Sushi is located outside the Kingston Plantation across from CVS at 9715...
- 16 Dec 2020Myrtle Beach New Year’s Eve 2020/2021Myrtle Beach New Year’s Eve is the place to be. The beach is a great way to make the New Year memor...
- 01 Dec 2020December Events in Myrtle BeachChristmas at Pirates Voyage Click On Link Above for Dates Venue: Pirates Voyage Address: 8907 North...
- 17 Nov 2020Thanksgiving Dinner Restaurants 2020Local Myrtle Beach dining options for your Thanksgiving Day meal. Dine in or carry out available...
- 03 Oct 2020Myrtle Beach Halloween 2020Halloween will be a little different this year with COVID still hanging around. There are a few eve...
- 01 Sep 2020Murrells Inlet Express WatersportsExpress Watersports Murrell’s Inlet, SC We have used Express Watersports for many of our water...
- 04 Aug 2020Hurricanes in Myrtle BeachHurricanes in the Grand Strand, South Carolina Horry County Hurricane Information Emergency-Manageme...
- 01 Jul 2020Myrtle Beach July 2020 EventsLooking for something to do in the Myrtle Beach area for July 4th weekend? Check out these events a...