Myrtle Beach Weather
Best Times to Visit Myrtle Beach
The best time to visit Myrtle Beach is in the summer months from June to August. They have the most activities, stores are all open, restaurants are booming and it’s prime weather. Average temperatures are in the 80’s. If you’re looking for sun but with cooler weather, spring temperatures are from the high 60s to the 80s. Average fall and winter temperatures are from the lower 50s to the mid 30s plus there are far fewer crowds for the snowbirds to visit from the north.
|High °F||Low °F||High °C||Low °C|
March-May This season is pretty pleasant with warm temperatures and lower humidity.
June-August The beach can get a bit crowded at this time of year, but this is the best time to experience a typical American-style vacation. The area has prime weather and the attractions are all open and ready for visitors. There’s also a big festival calendar this time of year.
September-October Temperatures dip a little, so the crowds thin out. But there are still a good amount of restaurant, festivals, shopping and activities to enjoy.
November-February This is the time some restaurants and shops have closed for the season but there is still many many places to eat. Great time to enjoy eating with the locals.
Annual Weather Statistical Averages
|# of days with High over 90 degrees||46|
|Days with measurable rainfall||72|
|Average air temperature||64°|
|Average water temperature||67°|
|Average 1 p.m. relative humidity||57%|
|Avg. sunny days/mo. (summer)||18|
|Avg. sunny days/mo. (winter)||15|
|Wettest months||July & Aug.|
|Driest months||Oct. & Nov.|
|Hottest day (105°)||Aug. 22, 1983|
|Coldest day (4°)||Jan. 21,1985|
Average Water & Air Temperatures for Myrtle Beach, SC
Homeowner’s Private Page
- 11 Mar 2020Protected: South Hampton Homeowners
- 03 Oct 2020Myrtle Beach Halloween 2020Halloween will be a little different this year with COVID still hanging around. There are a few eve...
- 01 Sep 2020Murrells Inlet Express WatersportsExpress Watersports Murrell’s Inlet, SC We have used Express Watersports for many of our water...
- 04 Aug 2020Hurricanes in Myrtle BeachHurricanes in the Grand Strand, South Carolina Horry County Hurricane Information Emergency-Manageme...
- 01 Jul 2020Myrtle Beach July 2020 EventsLooking for something to do in the Myrtle Beach area for July 4th weekend? Check out these events a...
- 01 Jun 2020Lucy Buffet’s LuLu’sLucy Buffet’s LuLu’s Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach “Lucy Buffett’s LuLu’s in No...
- 01 May 2020Myrtle Beach May ActivitiesPlease check with all venues for cancellation due to the coronavirus. Rivertown Music and Beer Festi...
- 01 Apr 2020Easter Egg Hunts and Events in Myrtle BeachEaster Egg Hunts and Events in the Myrtle Beach Area for 2020. Please check with local businesses ab...
- 12 Mar 2020St Patrick’s Day Myrtle BeachSt Patrick’s Day North Myrtle Beach Parade and Festival Come and gather for the 32nd annual S...
- 01 Feb 2020Kingston Plantation New OwnersKingston Plantation is one of South Carolina’s largest privately owned conference venues and resorts...
- 11 Jan 2020Myrtle Beach Water & Oceanfront DiningMyrtle Beach Water/Oceanfront Dining Myrtle Beach has many, many restaurants, bars, and fast food pl...
- 26 Nov 2019Myrtle Beach Thanksgiving 2019Looking for a Thanksgiving meal that is served to you. Check out some of these local Myrtle Beach r...
- 04 Oct 2019Myrtle Beach HalloweenMyrtle Beach Halloween 2018 Events There is lots to do on the Grand Strand for an exciting Myrtle Be...